You only need two ingredients to make Pretzel Dogs (okay, three if you count salt), but they’re still big on taste. The secret is not using hot dogs at all! Instead, we use Land O’Frost Simply Savory Bacon & Cheddar Smoked Sausage for a kid-friendly snack recipe that’s packed with flavor and protein.
- 1 package Simply Savory Bacon and Cheddar
- 6 ounce pizza dough rolled out 1/8th inch thick and cut into 2 inch squares
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon finishing salt
- Cut sausages into thirds.
- Roll sausage into pizza dough squares.
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil.
- Simmer sausage pretzels for 1 minute.
- Remove from water and sprinkle with finishing salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Cut in half and serve.