I don’t know about you, but sometimes I am fresh out of creative lunch ideas for my kids. Now, when I say creative I’m not talking about those fancy Pinterest-inspired lunches that look like they’d take an hour and a full creative team to orchestrate. I’m referring to a twist on the traditional sandwich. These fun sushi-roll inspired sandwiches are simple to make and fun to eat.
- 1 flour or wheat tortilla
- 4 slices Land O'Frost DeliShaved Honey Ham
- 1 slice cheese
- Condiments like mustard, pesto, etc.
- Set tortilla on a plate or cutting board.
- Cover with ham.
- Fold cheese into thirds and tear into 3 equal strips.
- Place 2 cheese strips side by side in the center of the tortilla and the other cheese strip near the top or bottom of the tortilla.
- Fold and roll the tortilla like a burrito, pressing flat as you work to keep the meat and cheese inside.
- Wrap each rolled tortilla tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- In the morning, pull out a wrap and let thaw for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the plastic and slice the wrap horizontally into several pieces.
- Put them in the lunchbox with an ice pack and they’ll stay cold, but thaw out perfectly by lunchtime!