There's something about good ol' fashioned southern cooking that settles the soul. Our hearty Ham and Cheese Grits recipe is a filling dish that teases the taste of the South and takes almost no time. The next time your family's famished, give 'em the gift of grits!
- 1 cup Land O’Frost Premium Black Forest Ham
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese
- In a pot heat oil and sauté ham.
- Add water and cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and whisk cornmeal in.
- Add salt and cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!