Cheesy Canadian Bacon Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 package Land O’Frost Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the flours, baking powder and baking soda. Mix for a couple of seconds.
- Add buttermilk and 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and combine with the dough hook attachment for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface (the dough will be sticky).
- With flour on your hands, all over the surface and on top of the dough, push the dough out to a 9″ x 12″ rectangle.
- Sprinkle the Canadian bacon on the dough, leaving a 1/2″ border.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the bacon.
- Roll the dough up along the long edge (so that the dough is long).
- Cut into 9 or 12 equal parts using a pastry scraper or serrated knife.
- Gently reshape the rolls as your put them on a parchment paper or silpat covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
See Related Recipes