I love a good wrap, don’t you? It’s a filling, versatile and easy option for eating on the go, plus it’s tasty! I especially appreciate how you can eat a wrap almost every day, but with the right ingredients on hand, it can be a different experience each time.
The key to building a good wrap is to keep a variety of ingredients on hand in the fridge. Wraps are so versatile — you can create a new combination of flavors every day based on what you are in the mood to eat. Enjoy an endless variety of possibilities!
To assemble the perfect wrap, pick one or two items from each category below, place on a tortilla or a large leaf of romaine lettuce, and wrap it up!
Flour tortillas, any flavor
Romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Dijon mustard
- Salad dressings like ranch, Italian, Greek and blue cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Honey mustard
- Soy sauce
- Cream cheese
- Lunch meats like chicken breast, ham, turkey breast, roast beef
- Canadian bacon
- Cooked shrimp
- Shredded Parmesan
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Baby Swiss
- Shredded cheddar
Veggies & Herbs
- Sliced avocados
- Spring mix lettuce
- Sliced onions
- Banana peppers
A Few Perfect Combinations
- Caprese: Tomato, mozzarella, basil, capers and balsamic vinegar
- Classic: Ham, lettuce, mayonnaise and American cheese
- Greek: Lettuce, feta, olives, cucumbers, banana peppers, red onion and Greek dressing
How to Fold a Wrap
- Spread condiments evenly over the tortilla or lettuce wrap.
- Place fillings in the center, but avoid overfilling, or it will become difficult to roll.
- Pull the bottom flap of the tortilla or lettuce up over the ingredients, pull them back to the edge with the flap still over them, then tightly roll up evenly to the end.
- Spread a little butter or cream cheese along the end flap to seal, then tuck in the ends to close the entire wrap.
Have a panini press? Place the finished wrap in between the grill plates, and heat it for 2-3 minutes to create a warm wrap bursting full of flavor.