Cranberries are a tasty way to amp up your antioxidant intake. They are also a great source of proanthocyanidins, the component in red wine that is thought to prevent heart disease.
- 6 cups kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup golden beets, cubed and roasted
- 1 cup red beets, cubed and roasted
- 2 Asian pears, cored and cubed
- 1 cup farro, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup radish sprouts
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine kale, beets, pears, farro, cranberries, feta, radish sprouts and walnuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinaigrette, walnut oil, orange juice, orange zest, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss to coat, and serve.