My kids have just started practicing soccer and baseball in the evenings. I always want to encourage them to be active, however it can make meal time challenging. We made these hot ham and cheese sandwiches on freshly-made English muffin bread for a delicious, inexpensive dinner. It was such a big hit at my house, I’d thought I’d share my recipe with you.
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 2-4 slices Land O’Frost Bistro Favorites Honey Glazed Ham
- 1-2 slices extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (may substitute any kind of cheese)
- 2 slices English muffin bread, thinly sliced
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Place ham and cheese between two slices of bread, then brown each side of the sandwich in the hot butter.
- Use a spatula to flatten while each side browns so that the cheese melts. Remove from pan, and enjoy.