Hot ham and cheese sliders are by far my favorite appetizer. I remember my mom making these when I was little. I added them to our holiday menu a couple of years ago, and my family always eats every single one I make. Ham, cheese and bread are the main ingredients, but the special sauce that gets poured over top of the rolls adds another layer of flavor that guests won't be able to resist. Try this recipe for your next party!
- 24 small dinner rolls
- 24 slices Land O'Frost Premium Honey Ham
- 24 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut tops off rolls without separating the rolls individually, and place on a baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Place ham and cheese slices on each of the bottoms of the rolls, then replace the tops.
- Place butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, poppy seeds and onion flakes in a saucepan, and cook on medium-high heat until warmed and combined, about 2-4 minutes.
- Pour the warmed mixture over rolls, and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional minute.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then serve.