- Review packaging, ingredients, corrugated and other material requirements, initiate, negotiate and execute the purchase of items using approved suppliers
- Calculate prices for purchase orders, enter purchase orders into IFS, make any changes needed to purchase order after the material is delivered
- Manage inventories and utilize an accurate inventory to determine purchases to meet production schedules while targeting consumption before expiration dates
- Interact with outside supplier base, including quality, service, product improvement options, weekly purchase agreements, issue purchase orders, follow up on late trucks, shortages, etc.
- Develop and grow supplier relationships with the objective of enabling the purchasing of materials that are consistent with food safety, quality reliable delivery, performance, and long-term least cost
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers, review facilities, provide Vendor Rating report and report results
- Collaborate with suppliers on least cost options and maintaining improving quality
- Report foreign material and quality issue findings to suppliers with detailed information and request a Corrective Action for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the Quality department for qualification of materials.
- Handle miscellaneous requests, products, meetings, travel
- Prepare and manage yearly budget
- Manage warehouse employees / provide support / manage schedules/overtime, etc.
- Responsible for the hourly/salary employee budget
- Develop team to address competency gaps, meet individual goals and developmental goals
Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Builds High Performing Teams, Organizational Agility
Technical Competency Required:
- Applies and advises on decisions based on specialist knowledge of Land O’Frost procurement policies to drive value for financial outcome
- Identifies, assesses, and manages procurement and operational risks for complex requirements
- Contributes to the development of procurement strategies that align with Land O’Frost Strategic objectives
- Leverages supplier relationships to manage risk, address issues, and to ensure contract requirements are being delivered
- Undertakes spend analysis and applies findings to procurement decisions
- Engages with stakeholders to manage operational risks including financial, quality, legal and regulatory risks
||2-4 years of meat industry and or procurement experience preferred with previous food manufacturing experience a plus
||Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related field of study preferred
Strong verbal, written communication, and mathematical skills required; must be able to effectively communicate with vendors
|Certifications / Training
||Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
ERP system experience required; IFS / Novacura experience preferred
||Local and/or overnight travel 10% of the time
Apply for job
To apply for this job, please email our Human Resources representative your resume and cover letter by clicking apply now below.